CHAPTER 3 : FOOD CHAIN & FOOD WEB
1. All living thing need food to survive.
2. Plants can make their own food. So they are producers.
3. Animals depend on plants for food. So they are consumers.
4. Based on their eating habits, animals can be divided into 3 groups:
- Herbivores : animals that only eat plants.
- Carnivores : animals that only eat animals.
- Omnivores : animals that eat both plants and animals.
1. A food chain shows the relationship between producers and consumers, consumers and the other consumers.
Food Web :
1. A food web is formed when many food chains found in a habitat are linked together.
2. When the food web is not balanced, the population of animals can either become more or less depending on the type of food that the animals eat.