1. The Earth rotates on its axis from west to east and at the same time it moves around the Sun.
2. The Moon rotates on its axis and at same time moves around the Earth.
3. It is daytime for the part of the Earth facing the Sun.
4. It is night time for the part of the Earth facing away from the Sun.
5. Day and night occur due to the rotation of the Earth on its axis.
6. The Moon does not produce its own light. The Moon appears bright when it reflects sunlight.
7. The 4 main phases of the Moon are as follows:
8. The phases of the Moon always go through a complete cycle and the same order each lunar month.