1. Energy enable living things and non-living things to carry out various types of process or work.
Sources of energy
Types or forms of energy produced
light & heat energy
waterfall & dams
Oceans & seas
chemical & heat energy
- Sound energy : radio,telephone, CD-player
- Heat energy : fire, fuel, electric oven
- Light energy : sunlight, candle light
- Electrical energy : battery, hydroelectric stations,generator
- Chemical energy :fuel, coal, food
- Kinetic energy : moving car, flying bird, bouncing ball
4. Renewable energy can be replenished when used up.(sun, wind, water, geothermal, biomass)
5. Renewable energy sources do not produce pollution.
6. Non-renewable energy cannot be replenished when used up.( natural gas, petroleum, charcoal, coal, nuclear reactor.
7. It is better to use and rely on renewable energy because :
- renewable energy will always be available for our use as it will not be completely used up.
- the process of producing renewable energy does not normally cause environmental pollution.
- the production of renewable energy is normally cheaper in the long run.